Thank you for the many emails, calls, and care. Our entire staff, hotel and bus partners, vendors, and groups on the island are all safe and in good shape.
Below is a list of encouraging facts about the island’s recovery as of 3PM today:
- Power – Electricity should be restored to 90% of the entire population by tonight according to Puerto Rico’s electric company.
- Points of entry/exit – The SJU International Airport, the San Juan Cruise Port, the Ponce Cruise Port and Airport, the Puerto Rico Convention Center, attractions and hotels in northern Puerto Rico, including areas around San Juan, are open and fully functional.
- No alerts/warnings – The U.S. Geological Service has advised that there is no tsunami threat to the Island at this time. The Puerto Rico Seismic Network states that there are no warnings, advisories, or watches for the island.
- Damage – The earthquakes caused structural damage in the south-southwestern region of Puerto Rico. There is evidence of damaged homes, a few schools, and other structures. Main roads remain open.
- Our hotels and venues – All of our hotels and venues are in great shape and open to the public.
We remain in close and direct contact with Discover Puerto Rico (DPR), the island’s DMO. As stated in their last update, DPR “is in contact with the Puerto Rico Tourism Company to learn more about potential impact to tourism following recent earthquakes. For the latest information and travel updates, visit https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/.”
Vamonos and Discover Puerto Rico have a robust crisis communication plan in place to ensure we are able to quickly respond appropriately in an emergency situation. Our main concern is ensuring the safety of our travelers and staff. We continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates in the hours and days to come.
Thank you for your support and care. Visitors can be reassured that authorities are doing everything possible to ensure safety and minimize disruption to travel plans in the region. For further information, contact your client relations representative or email us at: email@example.com
President, Vamonos Tours Inc.