February 12, 2020
As many of you might be aware, there is an outbreak of a new strain of Corona virus originating from China. While most cases are in China, there are a few other countries that have reported some cases. None of the destinations or U.S. cities we travel to have reported any cases of the corona virus.
There have been 5 confirmed cases in the United States. As a safety precaution, the U.S. is now conducting health screenings in 20 airports across the country that handle about 90% of incoming flights from China.
As with any pandemic or crisis, we will closely follow our Vamonos safety protocol:
- Always keep the group safe and together.
- We urge travelers to wash their hands thoroughly multiple times a day; they should not share foods or drinks with anyone else.
- If a traveler feels concerned about a virus or has a compromised immune system, or is sick prior to tour departure, they should stay at home and not travel.
- Hand sanitizer – we will place hand sanitizers on each coach bus and ask students to wash their hands upon entering and exiting the bus.
- We will work hand in hand with what SYTA, CDC, and the WHO suggest in terms of travel during the Corona virus.
- In the event that your group’s flights are affected by the Corona virus, information will be posted on your group’s secured web page.
- We ask group leaders to encourage their groups to use good hygiene practices, such as:
- NO TOUCH: Keep your hands out of your nose, eyes, and mouth.
- COVER and turn away when you or others are coughing or sneezing.
- WASH hands thoroughly before eating anything.
- AVOID shaking hands or touching handles especially in large public places
For those traveling to Puerto Rico, please know that San Juan, despite being one of the busiest airports in the Caribbean, has no incoming flights from Asia. Fortunately, more than 90% of flights are domestic.
President, Vamonos Tours Inc.