In light of the Coronavirus (COVID19) outbreak, we are currently experiencing high call and email volume. Should you require assistance, we encourage you to be patient and contact your group leader. We need time to process an unprecedented amount of cancellations. This process takes time as we must contact vendors and partners regarding upcoming reservations that will be canceled. We will be communicating directly with your group leader.
Please read the specific sub-sections and FAQ below and let us know how we can best help you as you plan your student tour.
Update on Puerto Rico:
From March 16th until April 3rd, the Governor of Puerto Rico issued a serious executive order that shut down businesses and imposed mandatory curfews and a national lockdown. This order also indicates that tours should be stopped everywhere on the island. Therefore, we have stopped our tour operations on the island until further notice.
As of this week, Puerto Rico is the first and only US airport that is now monitoring all travelers’ temperatures (via wireless sensor cameras) upon arriving to SJU. The island is also asking all incoming travelers to quarantine themselves upon their arrival.
Suggested COVID19 sources:
FAQ: 2020 Booked Groups
Our Covid19 Protocol: We will closely follow our Vamonos safety protocol:
- Keep the group safe and together.
- Create itineraries that keep the group outdoors as much as possible.
- Eat as often as possible in open air establishments.
- Be ready to make any itinerary changes always for the welfare of our groups.
- Increase our extra precautionary measures, along with local vendors, hotels, buses, and governments, to sanitize surfaces and diminish any spread of germs. Urge travelers not to share foods or drinks with anyone else.
- Advise travelers to purchase optional travel insurance upon enrollment in order to avoid unforeseen issues that may cause them to cancel their tour and lose their deposits.
- Urge individuals to stay home if they are sick prior to tour departure.
- Encourage the use of hand sanitizer and masks as needed.
- Offer hand sanitizers and ask students to wash their hands multiple times a day.
- Follow CDC, and the WHO guidelines periodically.
- Inform group of any affected flight changes through group leader and the tour portal.
- Urge group leaders to encourage travelers to use good hygiene practices, such as:
- NO TOUCH: Keep your hands out of your nose, eyes, and mouth.
- COVER and turn away when you or others are coughing or sneezing.
- WASH hands thoroughly before eating anything.
- AVOID shaking hands or touching handles especially in large public places
For further information, contact your client relations representative or email us at: email@example.com
President, Vamonos Tours Inc.