- Why Philadelphia?
- Las Parcelas 2 Days
- Revolutionary History Tour 1 Day
- Fantastic Mr. Franklin Tour 1 Day
- Music & Arts Tour 1 Day
- Arts & History Tour 3 Days
- Return to tour overview!
Arts & History Tour: 3 Days
- Get a bird’s eye view of Philadelphia
- Learn about liberty trees and privateers
- Find out why the Liberty Bell is cracked
- See the process by which our coins are made
- Answer the important question “Wit or without?” for yourself
- Learn about all of Benjamin Franklin’s accomplishments. Hint: he did far more than discover electricity!
- Visit Philly’s oldest continuously inhabited street with houses built in the 1700s
- Learn about “Franklin’s Bucket Brigade”
- Try an authentic Philly soft pretzel
- Visit America’s oldest theater to see a current musical and learn about its surprising history.
- Participate in an art lesson
- Visit a garden made entirely of recycled materials
- Embark on a ghost tour at night
- Meet your Tour Director, depart for Philadelphia
- Visit the One Liberty Observation Deck and get a bird’s eye view of this historic city and its famous landmarks.
- Tour the American Revolutionary War Museum. Find out just how revolutionary the Revolutionary War really was. Learn about liberty trees and privateers.
- Next head to Independence Hall for a tour and learn about our founding fathers.
- Visit the Liberty Bell and find out why it cracked
- Lunch at iconic Reading Terminal Market. Don’t forget to try an authentic Philly soft pretzel.
- After Lunch visit the US Mint and learn about how our coins are made. Look down into the mint and follow the process of coins being punched, stamped, and inspected.
- Spend the remainder of your afternoon at the Constitution Center learning about the document by which our country is governed.
- Nothing says Philly like a cheesesteak. Have dinner at a restaurant famous for its cheesesteaks and decide if you want it ‘wit or witout.’
- Head to the historic Walnut Street Theater, the oldest theater in America, and see a current musical.
- After Breakfast, visit the Benjamin Franklin Museum and learn about all the ways we benefit from his accomplishments today. Hint: he did more than just discover electricity and write an almanac!
- Take a brief tour of Franklin Court and see where his house once stood.
- Stroll down Elfreth’s Alley with the oldest continuously inhabited houses in Philadelphia. They were built in the 1700s. Notice the fire insurance markers on the houses. These markers identify the houses that subscribed to the first fire insurance, started by Benjamin Franklin. He also started the first volunteer fire company nicknamed “Franklin’s Bucket Brigade.”
- Visit Christ Church to see where this famous founding father is buried before heading to lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit the Franklin Institute and find out why this science museum bears his name. See more of Franklin’s inventions and learn about the process he went through to discover electricity.
- After dinner take the Spirits of ’76 Ghost Tour and learn about the dancing statue of Benjamin Franklin in Library Hall!
- After breakfast, head to the Fleisher Art Memorial for an art lesson.
- Have lunch at an authentic taquería
- Spend the afternoon at the Magic Gardens made entirely of recycled materials. Learn about how this garden came to be.
- Say goodbye to your tour director, board your bus, and head home.
Are you a school local to Philadelphia looking to use your own buses and avoid hotels? We can do that. Contact us to discuss the options. This tour can be conducted in Spanish or English.