Vamonos Tours Inc. (last modified October 2016)
Reservation / Enrollment:
When you enroll for one of our tours, you are officially registered to travel to your preferred destination with the companies Vamonos Tours Inc. and Vamonos Puerto Rico Inc. (hereby called Vamonos). In order to be registered for a tour, travelers must enroll, sign our online terms, and pay the first deposit. For those younger than 18 years of age, at least one parent/legal guardian for minors must enroll, sign our terms online, and pay the first deposit.
All prices are quoted in U.S. currency unless stated otherwise. Tour price is calculated using rates and tariffs at the time of booking. Once the tour and tour size have been confirmed, the tour price and land portion are guaranteed. Vamonos reserves the right to adjust the tour price and apply surcharges in the event of:
- Additional cost increase of transportation due to fuel surcharge and/or any domestic or international departure or arrival taxes, security charges, or any other type of airline, airport, government, and other charges
- Tour modification and/or group size changes
If additional travelers are added to the group, the final tour price will not be reduced after the final deposit deadline.
Flights: Airlines and Airports
All Vamonos flights are on scheduled airline services based on group net fares. Travelers are subject to the terms and conditions of the airline (s), which shall constitute a unique contract between the passenger and the airline. Flight cancellations, delays, and schedule changes are the sole responsibility of the airline. Any domestic/international departure or arrival taxes, fuel surcharge, or any other types of charges imposed by the airlines, airports, government, etc. (excluding baggage and meal fees) are included in the tour price.
Flight arrangements and itinerary are offered once enrollment deposits for the group have been made upon deadline.
Any excess charges or changes to these beyond our control will be passed on to each passenger, applied to your final payment and paid in full before departure. Lost ticket replacement can take up to a year and processing fees will apply. If you would like to depart from a different airport and/or at a different date than your group (this option is seldom available), you will be responsible to pay any applicable airport and land transportation fees until you meet the group. An administrative fee will also apply for arranging alternative return dates from the same gateway cities.
Tour quotes are based on three to four student travelers per room and two adults per room. Most hotel rooms have two beds and some available cots depending on the hotel. Double room or private single room accommodations are available upon request at an additional fee per night. These should be requested upon registration.
Travelers participating in ziplining or snorkeling activities are required to have a signed waiver. The group Leader is responsible for distributing and collecting these forms. Due to safety regulations, there is a weight limit (250 lbs. men / 210 lbs. women) on the ziplines. The zipline provider has the right to refuse anyone that does not meet their requirements. No refund will be given for anyone refused.
We accept personal checks, money orders, and credit card used through our account portal. Your payment is not complete until Vamonos receives it. The enrollment deposit is expected at the time of booking in order to guarantee the reservation. Reservations are guaranteed on a first come first serve basis. The balance of payment must be made no later than one week prior to departure in order to avoid full tour and ticket termination (no refund will be issued). A reservation made after the final payment deadline is payable in full at the time of booking.
A non-sufficient fund fee of a minimum of $25 up to $50 will be charged to the participant if any payment is denied by the participant’s bank such as but not limited to bounced checks.
Payment Schedule to follow:
|Amount Due:||Due Date:|
|$400 Enrollment Fee||Upon enrollment.|
|$500 Payment||120 days prior to departure** Failure to make the first two deposits on time will separate you from the group reservation; you will then be responsible for your own flight arrangements|
|Tour Balance||60 days prior to departure**A $45 LATE fee will be added to your balance if final payment is not paid by deadline.|
Cancellation and Refunds
Cancellation refunds and charges below take into consideration the costs Vamonos incurs long before the group departs. Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Vamonos, either by mail or e-mail (email@example.com) by the Traveler or Parent/Guardian. The date we receive such written notice will be the official cancellation date.
For each cancelled participant, the rate charged to the remaining travelers may increase according to the price list.
In the event of cancellation, any insurance premium will not be refundable.
The following Cancellation Refunds apply to groups of 10 or more:
The following Cancellation Refunds apply:
– 90 days or more prior to departure: · $250 retained from deposit; remainder will be refunded
– Between 89 to 30 days prior to departure: $470 retained from deposit; remainder will be refunded
– Within 29 days prior to departure: · No refund will be issued
The following Cancellation Refunds apply to groups of less than 10:
–30 days or more prior to departure: $575 retained from deposit; remainder will be refunded
–Within 29 days prior to departure: No refund will be issued
Cancellation with Replacement:
A participant who cancels his/her trip but finds a person to replace him/her must notify us by writing at the time of cancellation notice. He/She must include the substitute participant’s name, reservation, and all other information. The enrollment deposit and any insurance premium will not be refundable. Replacement charges may apply according to airline surcharges and/or insurance premium.
The following Cancellation-Replacement Refunds apply once the replacement has fully paid:
– 90 days or more prior to departure: $50 retained from deposit; remainder will be refunded
– Between 89 to 30 days prior to departure: $225 retained from deposit; remainder will be refunded
– Within 29 days prior to departure: · No refund will be issued
Refund – No refund will be made for any unused travel services or any portion thereof, nor is the price or value of unused travel services exchangeable for alternative services.
Cancellation made by Vamonos
In the event that the tour must be canceled or abbreviated due to force majeure circumstances within 30 days of scheduled departure or at any time thereafter, our cancellation charges stated previously will be assessed. Vamonos reserves the right to cancel the tour in such an event.
Cancellation for Insufficient Bookings
In the event that insufficient interest in the tour is the case for the cancellation, our refund policy will be as follows: the initial deposit will be reimbursed provided that the tour is cancelled in writing by the institution and/or group leader (not by an individual traveler) within the first two months of the enrollment process. We shall not be liable for any claims, demands, losses or damages of any kind whatsoever you may have by reason of cancellation of the tour beyond our control.
Modifications made by traveler
Any modification prior to or while on tour, especially but not limited to the flight itinerary or rooming assignments, will result in a surcharge to be paid if services are modified or increased. A name change is not a modification but a participant substitution.
Passport and Non-U.S. Citizens
Non-U.S. citizens are responsible for obtaining all visas, entry documents, health requirements and any documents required by laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of the United States. All non-U.S. citizens traveling within the US and Puerto Rico with Vamonos must have a valid and an updated passport and must consult with appropriate consulates to determine if any visas are needed. No refunds will be made if improper documentation results in denied boarding or entry. All U.S. and non-U.S. citizens travelling to Cuba or abroad are responsible for obtaining a valid passport prior to the trip.
Your trip is arranged by Vamonos Tours, Inc. DBA Vamonos Tours and Vamonos Puerto Rico. It has made the travel arrangements as agent for the transportation carriers & other suppliers (SUPS) of services connected with the tour, all of which are independent contractors. Vamonos in no way owns or operates the vehicles or facilities to be used during the trip, and does not guarantee performance by, or assume responsibility for the acts and/or omissions of SUPS, their employees, agents, etc.
All bookings are accepted subject to the conditions imposed by SUPS & Vamonos, including, but not limited to, the airlines, ground transportation, boats, hotels, restaurants, insurance & other companies, firms or persons concerned with the trip. Airline and/or weather conditions may cause delays, group separation, additional tour days, modification or cancellation of services. Vamonos cannot accept responsibilities in such cases. Alternatives will be offered whenever possible. Vamonos will make no refund in the event of their delay, cancellations, overbooking, strike, force majeure or for elements of the trip not used by customer. If there is a difference between Vamonos conditions and those published by a SUP, the conditions of SUP shall apply.
Price quoted is per person quad occupancy. Vamonos reserves the right to cancel a trip, change the itinerary or adjust rates whenever in its sole judgment conditions warrant, or if Vamonos deems it necessary for your safety, comfort, or convenience. Vamonos reserves the right to correct an error in the advertised price prior to your departure.
Trips outside the USA require a valid U.S. passport or other acceptable forms of citizenship proof. You are responsible for, and release Vamonos from passport, visa, vaccination requirements & safety conditions in travel destinations.
Vamonos strongly recommends you purchase appropriate travel / medical / baggage / cancellation insurance for the trip, which is available from Vamonos. For medical information, call Public Health at 301-443-2403, and for travel advisories US State Dept. at 202- 647-5225, www.state.gov.
Your online enrollment and signature, along with your first payment, constitute a contract to travel with Vamonos. Our home office is in Delaware, and any disputes shall be governed by Delaware law & are subject to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in New Castle County, Delaware. In calculating the cost of your trip, Vamonos has relied on your consent to these terms and in the absence of this release, the trip cost would have been higher. Vamonos’ phone number is: 888-366-6121.
Participants shall be responsible for additional costs that extend beyond the completion of their itinerary and paid tour price. The tour leaders and/or group chaperones may make reasonable changes in the dates, destinations, and/or itinerary for the mutual benefit and safety of group participants. In such event, they shall not be liable for any delay, loss or damage resulting there from.
I understand and consent that Vamonos may record and/or include pictures, videos, and/or comments of the student / adult traveler in any future marketing materials including but not limited to the company’s official website. I understand that my name or my child’s name will never be included on Vamonos’ marketing and/or business materials without my permission.
Traveler’s Discipline Agreement
As a participant in a Vamonos tour:
*I agree to abide by all rules, policies, and standards of behavior established by Vamonos, their personnel during my tour, my school, and the group leader and to follow the specific instructions of the tour leaders, teachers, and parent chaperones at all times.
* I understand and agree with Vamonos student traveler expectations and the following:
- No student traveler is allowed to have visitors of the opposite sex in his/her room.
- No student traveler is allowed to drive or rent any motor vehicle or hitchhike in any way.
* I further understand that the use of alcohol (for minors and/or for students on tour) and unlawful substances on this trip is strictly forbidden.
* I understand and agree that the safety and welfare of the group is of the utmost importance.
*I understand that I am expected to participate in all group and individual activities.
*I am fully aware of all the safety and behavior policies discussed for this trip.
*I agree to act in a responsible, ethical, and positive manner and to make a valuable contribution to this experience.
* I understand that by enrolling in this tour I’ve chosen to travel with the group leader/teacher from my institution (when applicable), and I understand that the designation of this person is not the responsibility of Vamonos. For school groups: I understand that an adult group leader from my school must accompany me on tour. If for some reason the teacher/group leader is unable to attend, Vamonos will ask him/her to appoint another adult group leader to replace him/her.
*If I cancel at this point, I will be responsible for paying any and all cancellation penalties such as any standard cancellation.
* I understand that it is my responsibility to secure and bring necessary travel documents (valid photo I.D.). Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund.
* I understand that I am responsible and will be required to pay for any and all phone calls, personal incidental expenses that I incur at hotels, and any damage I cause to buses, hotel rooms, Vamonos equipment, restaurants and other locations while on tour.
* I understand that this is an educational tour designed mostly for students, as reflected in the educational content, itinerary, pace, and accommodations and other aspects of the tour.
* As a traveler in this tour, I relinquish any claim that I or any family relative may have against the tour organizers, Vamonos, teachers, chaperones, and school, both on my behalf and in my capacity as legal representative, while I and/or my child is a participant in this trip, during both supervised and unsupervised activities. Failure to follow these and all guidelines may result in Vamonos terminating me from the tour immediately thus waiving any refund rights.
Consequences and Traveler’s Withdrawal
In the event of any infraction of the rules and/or policies or consistent misbehavior after the trip’s commencement, the group leader (s), teachers, guides, and chaperones reserve the right of final decision and may, if necessary, depending on the severity of infraction:
- Revoke my free time and/or assign me to a different hotel room.
- Place a call to my parents in order to explain the current situation.
- Send me home at my own or parents’ expense as a result of any action(s) deemed detrimental to my well being and/or to the safety of the trip or its participants.