Mexican Heritage Tours of San Antonio
You’ve heard of The Álamo, but few have considered the many cultural, educational, and language immersion opportunities in San Antonio. Experience a vibrant Mexican heritage in the heart of Texas. The city’s history, unique attractions, and friendly people will make this one of your U.S. student group destinations.
- Chat with chicanos “en espanol” with some Spanglish
- Experience Mexican culture and cuisine daily, with locals
- Spanish-speaking guide, bus driver, and managers
- Interact with Latino Native Americans
- Learn the tricks of cooking authentic Mexican tamales
- Enjoy “Folklórico” dance lessons at inner-city Mexican studio
- Meet local Mexican-American artists
- Learn the difference between Tejano, Chicano, Tex-Mex cultures
- Do the RiverWalk, en español!
- Visit Spanish Missions
- Interact with Native Americans through storytelling, song, dance
- Tour famous caves, cathedral, and historic Alamo
- Volunteer at numerous institutions, organizations, and inner-city spaces.