It is December already and our 2018 tour season is right around the corner! Here’s an update on Puerto Rico and all of the progress that has been made since our last email update!
Current Puerto Rico stats:
- Electricity is now at 68%
- Water is at 93%
- Hospitals in the cities we visit on tour have electricity and are fully operational (Ponce, San Juan, Lajas, Fajardo, etc).
- The San Juan Airport has been open and operating at 100% since late October. There are about 70 flights per day going in and out of SJU.
- 72% of all hotels on the island are open. ALL of our partner hotels have been up and running since October!
- Post office and ports are operating at 100%.
- Telecommunications is at 76%.
- Transportation on the island – all of the main roads we use while on tour have been open and fully cleared for months. We see more and more traffic lights being installed daily. From experience, wherever a traffic light is missing in San Juan, a police officer is there to control traffic.
- Tour attractions – Almost all of our popular attractions are now open and fully operational, including La Parguera show and biobay, Fajardo’s Catamaran, El Yunque zipline, city visits, markets, etc. However, Utuado ziplines and El Yunque trails remain closed.
- Our Hurricane-Relief Fund is nearing $18K thanks to so many donors. We continue to help many communities affected by the hurricane.
Vamonos re-opened its Old San Juan day tours and Puerto Rico educational tour operations on November 30, 2017. As you know, we do not cut corners with safety. If we give Puerto Rico tours a “go,” this means our buses, staff, hotels, and attractions on our daily itinerary are ready to conduct safe, meaningful, and terrific cultural immersion tours of our island.Puerto Rico continues to make progress daily. We are excited about the numerous groups coming to Puerto Rico in 2018 to enjoy and to support Puerto Rico. It’s been great to see so much enthusiasm from groups interested in conducting hurricane-relief service projects while on tour. These trips will make a difference in the lives of students and help the island continue its final journey to full recovery!
For more information about our tours, and the current status of our island, write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office: 888.366.6121. Thank you for your support. Please follow us on our BLOG and on our Facebook page for more updates. Gracias!