SYTA is now taking applications for the Road Scholar program until November 13th. A Road Scholarship is financial aid granted to individuals or groups who are nominated by a teacher or youth group leader and who meet criteria within five categories:
- Achievement – Accomplishment in the student or group’s area of focus.
- Need – Financial. Cultural. Linguistic. Home life hardship.
- Initiative/Involvement – Preparation financially or through enrichment activities.
- Service/Citizenship – Student citizenship within the classroom or community. Family service in the military or as a first-responder.
- Connection – Relevance to student or group’s area of focus.