- Why Philadelphia?
- Las Parcelas 2 Days
- Revolutionary History Tour 1 Day
- Fantastic Mr. Franklin Tour 1 Day
- Music & Arts Tour 1 Day
- Arts & History Tour 3 Days
- Return to tour overview!
Las Parcelas: 2 Days
- Visit a Puerto Rican community in North Philly and learn about it’s rich history while you volunteer in the gardens
- Learn to dance the salsa
- Interact with students from a Mexican community in South Philly
- Enjoy an authentic Guatemalan dinner
- Sample pan dulce from an authentic Mexican “panadería”
Meet your tour director and head for the Norris Square Project in North Philly. Noris Square Project is a community center with gardens and murals that was founded in the 1970s. Volunteer in one of the six community gardens and learn about the center’s rich history. Afterward enjoy a home cooked authentic Puerto Rican lunch cooked by the local abuelas. From there, head to Taller Puertorriqueño. Tour their art gallery of Puerto Rican artists and participate in a salsa lesson. Day 1 activities pending due to pandemic.
Spend the afternoon in South Philly’s Italian Market which has become home to a vibrant Mexican community. Visit Mighty Writers El Future and participate in a cultural exchange with the students.
Finish off your first day with dinner at an authentic Guatemalan restaurant.
Tour Philly’s famous Italian Market. Shop at the Latino stores and Panaderías. Sample “pan dulce” and practice your Spanish as you purchase fruit from Latino vendors
Finish your tour with an authentic lunch at a Mexican “taquería”.
- Add a stop at South Philly Barbacoa and sample the famous barbacoa the restaurant is known for.
- Head to the Artisan Exchange in West Chester, located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia to Meet Señora Claudia and learn how to make authentic Argentinian empanadas.
Are you a school local to Philadelphia looking to make this tour a day trip? We can do that. Contact us to discuss the options.